Fond Farewell

Not sure where your question belongs? Or it doesn't fit well in any of the other sections? This is the place to be.

Moderators: pbgroupie, Board moderators

Fond Farewell

Postby rpilla001 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:14 pm

I am just stopping in to say goodbye. I shut down my aquaium on Saturday. I released the 5 remaining Flapples back into the wild. None of the first generation pomasea paludosas were ever able to lay a viable clutch.

I have since moved onto other things in my life including the pursuit of photography.

I have made two posts. One is to let everyone know I can still get and can ship Olive Nerites. Far easier to take care of than applesnails and clean the heck out of a tank. The ones I cultivated several years ago, I released back into the wild on Saturday. You can't kill them!

The other post is to get rid of my rocks and coral. Anyone who wants them, let me know, otherwise i am just going to toss them in my garden.

It has been fun and enjoyed being a part of this forum. Should I have additional information as to the spread of invasive canaliculatas and other species in Florida I will post it. Otherwise I shall not be visiting.

Everyone take care and be healthy.

Robert
Keep on Sliming
Sincerely
Rpilla
rpilla001
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Re: Fond Farewell

Postby Steph on Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:45 am

I don't recall if we've spoken Robert, as I am a relative newcomer to this forum. However, I have read many of your posts / threads with a great deal of interest. In addition to being a great photographer, you are a great writer / storyteller as well.

I'm sorry I didn't have more of an opportunity to talk snails with you.

Good luck with your other interests & take care.

-Stephanie
Steph
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby pbgroupie on Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:51 am

{{{{Robert}}}}}}} I hope you still come back to visit us from time to time. I've had you on my mind as I've been gourding. I'll send you a PM. You've been missed around here.
pbgroupie
Advanced moderator snail
Advanced moderator snail

Postby crystal blue on Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:51 pm

OH, Robert! Say it isn't so! Shutting down your system............. We have learned so much from you. Please stop in now and then to say "Howdy".

It's good to hear that you are pursuing your photography. Did you get a new camera? A better one.......

We would love to see more of your work.

Take care. You will be missed.
crystal blue
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby rpilla001 on Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:59 am

Pbgroupie & Crystal Blue,

Thank you for you concerns. i will stop in when i get news about invasive species reports her in Florida. I am now good friends with eh head ranger at the Everglades National Park. Apple snails are the least og their concerns. Invasive snakes and lizards right now are tearing the park to shreds.

If you are interested my photographs are Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rpilla001/

Stephanie,

Thank you for the kind words. It's been a long time since I have posted. I hope you have gained some wisdome from them as well as a good laugh.

Robert
Keep on Sliming
Sincerely
Rpilla
rpilla001
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby BiancaJo on Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:20 am

Just because you no longer have tanks or snails or whatnot doesn't mean you aren't valued here. There is more to you than that. That goes for everyone here--you have what you love.

You have the excitement over getting a new cool piece for your tank. You have that wide-eyed look when you plop a new snail into your tank and see him stretch his tentacles for the first time. You have that sense of triumph when you see your snails cozying up to each other. And then you have that sense of paternal/maternal pride when the tiny eggs are finally born... and with a joyful heart you watch them grow into something even more beautiful, something even more clever. You feel that desperation and frustration when one of our little friends becomes sick or injured. You also have the upset and heartache that comes with losing one.

Just because you no longer have snails in a tank doesn't mean that people here will stop caring about you or shun you. Your post count alone tells me that you have something to say, and it isn't fair that you were gone by the time I got here. Call me selfish, but if everyone else likes you, I am bound to as well. I feel like I missed out on something since we never "met."

And for the record, my only water snail died. I watch his empty tank and wonder if I'll ever find another one. I guess that makes us both snailless.

... I sound like a jerk. :( I just want people to be happy. You should do what makes you happy, but it seems like a lot of people really miss you.
I demand excellence because I know it can be attained.

BiancaJo
Little snail
Little snail

Return to Where do I post this question?