Temperatures to low

All about problems that might arise from keeping snails, fish and plants together.
Only members can post here...

Moderator: Board moderators

Temperatures to low

Postby Arugala snail on Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:24 pm

The fish you suggested best for Apple snails seem to enjoy lower temperatures than the snails. Such as the rasboras which are comfortable at the highest temperature of 78 F while snails tend to enjoy around 80 degrees F. Will this effect the snails if I set it at 78F or will they be fine?
Arugala snail
Member snail
Member snail

Re: Temperatures to low

Postby Arugala snail on Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:26 pm

Also this is slightly off topic but, do you use too such as when like-too much or is it-to much like that. I'm not very sure in English. :o
Arugala snail
Member snail
Member snail

Postby pbgroupie on Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:26 pm

First off, the apple snails are tropical but they are most active at temps of 74F-80F, but will still be fine at 70F and up. Anything lower than 65F and they will perish, and the higher the temps the faster they grow and it will shorten their lifespan. So 78F is fine or even a bit lower.

Second question, "too" is used for also "They are funny too" or as a higher definition, as in "The snails are hysterical too". With the three words, to, two, and too, the first is like a location, "going to church", the second is a number, "The two of us are going to church", and the third is like a qualifier, "The two of us are going to church too". Hope that helps
pbgroupie
Advanced moderator snail
Advanced moderator snail

Postby Arugala snail on Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:53 pm

Thank you for the information on the snails, I currently got the temp directly on 79 degrees and they are doing wonderful along with the fish suggested on this site :D

Once again thank you for the English tip, I have taken an understanding of- two, to, and too. It is going to take me awhile though because, I always used to for too when writing.
Arugala snail
Member snail
Member snail

Return to Apple snails, fish and plants...