Moving back to Iceland next year

General snail related topic. Not for apple snail discussions.
Everyone can post here...

Moderator: Board moderators

Moving back to Iceland next year

Postby jonfr on Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:17 am

I didn't find the old threat I started few weeks ago. But from next year (2018) I am moving back to Iceland and that means once I have an apartment I am going to get me a new aquarium. Since apple snails are not illegal in Iceland I do plan on setting up a new snail aquarium.

I just don't know yet how long time this is going to take. It might be several months and possibly one to three years. I hope it is not more.
jonfr
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Re: Moving back to Iceland next year

Postby pbgroupie on Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:07 pm

I know you've missed your wet pets. Can't wait to hear about your new setup.
pbgroupie
Advanced moderator snail
Advanced moderator snail

Re: Moving back to Iceland next year

Postby jonfr on Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:50 am

I'll post pictures of the new set-up once I get an apartment or a house. Not sure what type of housing I'm going to be living in once I move out of room type of set-up.

The plan has gotten slightly clearer since I started this topic. I'll be in rooms for the time while I am in school and saving up for a house just in case I can't get a rental apartment (that is actually good chance). I'm not sure how long this is going to take, but I expect school to take 2 - 3 years or somewhere between that time frame. I don't know how much additional time I need for saving up for a house is going to take.

I want at least 500 litre tank, 1000 litre tank would be preferable since having anything smaller is no good from the experience I had five years ago when I had my last aquarium.
jonfr
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Return to General topics