Photos/albums

Things do not work? Suggestions and comments?
Everyone can post here.

Moderators: pbgroupie, Stijn

Photos/albums

Postby jmelissa82 on Sun May 18, 2008 3:40 am

This is just an idea, and u guys can completely ignore it if u want. I have no idea who the admin is, so I figured I would post this here. BUt this is just a suggestion,... when I go into the photo section everything is kinda everywhere and outsated. I see you have a photo contest thing, and a calendar, but I don't really see any recent pics??? Well what I was thinking was , maybe u guys could wipe out all the old stuff (or keep it) , and organize the pics a little better. Have individual albums of members, but they can be axcessed by everyone. And of course encourage everyone to add pics. Educational pics, like sexing their snails to pics of snails just being snails, like "surfing the bubble wave" . To get an idea of what I'm talking about. I sometimes visit fishforum.com , they have a nice photo section......, just a thought?? :roll:
jmelissa82
Parent snail
Parent snail

Postby pbgroupie on Sun May 18, 2008 5:36 pm

Once upon a time, we had an area which each member could post their own pics in their own album. Stijn (the owner/administrator) removed the section (I think) because of the move to the new server and the upgrade. To the best of my knowledge the photo of the month was discontinued some time ago, even though the link is still up. Guess Stijn has a little more housekeeping to do. :oops:

The member photo section is sorted through a few times a year (usually by me) and posts that no longer have good links are deleted. Posts are listed in order by the date they were last replied to. It is a very casual section where members post a bit about themselves, their families, and their critters. If a member has photos that we feel would benefit some of the FAQ's then we sticky it at the beginning of the section that it pertains to.

The calendar is our fundraising project that comes out once a year, usually at the beginning of November. All members are encouraged to submit their snail photos and snail-related articles and we use as many as possible. They sell well and they sell out fast--usually within three weeks of the initial offer. The calendar profits go to the running of this site.

Thanks for your suggestion. Next time I chat with Stijn I'll mention bringing back the personal albums.
pbgroupie
Advanced moderator snail
Advanced moderator snail

Postby jmelissa82 on Sun May 18, 2008 7:17 pm

Sounds good!! I'll b looking for the calendar this year too!!!
jmelissa82
Parent snail
Parent snail

Return to Message board / website problems