More snailies, new camera

Want to know how we look like?
Or rather wish to show your own face?
Or want us to show your snails/tanks/whatever? Get here!
Only members can post...

Moderators: Stijn, Board moderators

More snailies, new camera

Postby Chickadee on Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:08 am

Okay, here goes. I love my new camera but I'm still getting used to the software. I will attempt to post some pics and hope I resize them correctly!

Here are my two big girls, Sandy (ivory) and Cleopatra (golden). I should start calling Sandy "Rosy" now. I guess that reddish color is here to stay :-?
001_01_01.JPG

Here's my only blue girl (the other 6 were all males!) Darn rubberband in the pic - it's holding an anubias to the driftwood.
026_01.JPG

I can't leave out my boys! Here's my all-boy tank of 6 blue snails and 4 cherry shrimp. It's also my aquascaping project. That wood is a knothole that I made into driftwood. The shrimp have claimed it as their crib. I have lots of ideas for this tank but so little time.
004_01.JPG

Oops, apparently I can only attach 3 pics. See next post for my babies.
Chickadee
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Re: More snailies, new camera

Postby Chickadee on Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:28 am

Okay, here are my babies. The pretty cinnamon colored one is named Cinnabun. I haven't named the darker ones yet. I'm waiting until they get bigger so I can see their colors better. Under the right lighting they are just stunning! Kind of purple striped and sometimes I see an olive metallic shimmer.
035_01.JPG

Again my two darker babies in a not-so-clear photo. I was trying to get a good shot of the smaller one's fissure crack. The seller gave him to me for free to hopefully rehabilitate. He gets lots of Caltrate, but in this pic you can see that it's not going away. :( I'm really trying hard to get him well. He sure is a scrappy little guy though.
031_01.JPG
Chickadee
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby Amysnail on Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:49 pm

They are beautiful!!! I love them. Also I'm glad you got your camera. What kind did you end up getting?
My name is Amy, and I am addicted to apple snails.
Amysnail
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby Chickadee on Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:17 am

Thanks, I'm still getting the hang of the macro thing. I got some better ones of the babies after I posted those. I ended up getting a Nikon Coolpix L810. I really like it.

Amy, aren't you in Florida? Are you in the path of Isaac? Hope you stay safe. Same goes for anyone else in the vicinity! Scary what I'm hearing about the flooding already.
Chickadee
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby Amysnail on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:56 am

I'm up in Jacksonville Florida. We have had alot of rain over the last few days, but they got it worse in the more southern part of Florida. Thank you Chickadee, we are staying out of any bad storm bands that come our way. I'm with you on that...Anyone dealing with Isaac, please be careful, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you guys.
My name is Amy, and I am addicted to apple snails.
Amysnail
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby docbree on Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:01 pm

Great photos, Chickadee! Cinnabun looks like one of my girls :) Glad to hear you're safe, Amy.
docbree
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby Chickadee on Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:42 am

Thanks Bree! Glad you're safe Amy!
Chickadee
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby ookami_meggle on Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:07 am

Those are beautiful tanks and snails. Nice pictures. Hopefully if we have anyone affected by everything they are safe and sound.
ookami_meggle
Leading snail
Leading snail

Postby Chickadee on Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:21 am

Thanks ookami - I'm not having the best plant success, but I'm slowly figuring out what works best in a low tech tank.
Chickadee
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby ookami_meggle on Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:25 am

We are hoping to get some plants for our tank soon, but we also will have to get some sort of light set-up for them.
ookami_meggle
Leading snail
Leading snail

Return to Member photos