My snail family :)

Want to know how we look like?
Or rather wish to show your own face?
Or want us to show your snails/tanks/whatever? Get here!
Only members can post...

Moderators: Stijn, Board moderators

My snail family :)

Postby skyyness on Mon May 13, 2013 10:49 pm

This is Goldie, she is my daughter's favorite, and says she is the princess.

This is Skyy, he is much bigger now then when I took this picture.

This is Godzilla. We got him this big, and he didn't live much longer after we got him :( but he was so much fun to watch him while we had him!

Feeding Frenzy!!
skyyness
Member snail
Member snail

Re: My snail family :)

Postby firefly on Tue May 14, 2013 6:42 pm

Very nice looking snails. Yes, the larger they are when you get them, the less time you will have them, sadly. Diffusa pretty much grow their whole life, so the larger they are, the older they are. There are some factors that make them grow more quickly, and essentially speed up their life--such as tank temperature. Snails kept in warmer water grow faster and thus don't live as long. So, when you buy that really big snail, you won't have him/her as long as if you start with a tiny snail and grow it up to a big snail.

I've got some really big snails in my tank right now, and some very itty-bitty ones that I just recently got. I am not looking forward to the day when my big ones cross the rainbow bridge, but given their size I know it will be soon. I also know my roommate will take it harder than I. But, the little ones I have are just now getting to be nickle sized, so I will have many months if not a few years with them. My tank is on the warm side, so I know I get less time than if it were cooler...

Emily
firefly
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Return to Member photos