R.I.P. Speed Racer...

Well snails die too... Here is a place you can express your feelings, talk about it or whatever you wish...
Public forum (anyone can post here)

Moderators: Donya, Board moderators

R.I.P. Speed Racer...

Postby Steph on Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:40 am

My first & favorite snail, Speed Racer, passed away today. :cry:

Just a few days short of a year since I adopted him... picked him out from the petsmart tank, he was the fastest snail in there, hence the name. Of course, no way to know how old he was then... I was hoping he'd make it to his anniversary here, and he got so close. I've known he was on his way out for a week or two... he's been slowing down quite a lot, eating less and less, and finally the last few days he hadn't been moving at all. I checked on him regularily and he was still alive, but I guess he was so tired...

Sniff.

I'm sure he had a good life, and I had a lot of fun over the past year watching him and his antics.

This is a picture of Speed Racer when he was surfing in the filter current.
Steph
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Re: R.I.P. Speed Racer...

Postby pbgroupie on Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:51 am

Beautiful snail. I'm sorry for your loss.
pbgroupie
Advanced moderator snail
Advanced moderator snail

Postby nachoqtpie on Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:53 pm

Oh Steph... I'm so sorry for your loss... :sad2: :flowers: :sad2:

I think that Gary is on his way to the big tank in the sky as well. He's not his normal self any more... Tho he does have some new growth, so I'm hopeful! I've only had him for about 3 months, but, like you said, there's no way to really know old they are when you pick them up at a LFS. He's been in the breeder net for some time now. He just seems like he's so tired, and he looks really skinny. I put a wafer in there about once ever 2-3 days. He does seem to be eating, so, again, I'm hopeful.
nachoqtpie
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby Winterlily on Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:59 am

:( Oh Stephanie I'm so awfully sorry. I feel like I knew Speed Racer! I remember thinking what a gorgeous snail he was - from that picture you posted of him with all the different colors on his shell? <sigggh> :( I'm sorry Steph...
Winterlily
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby Ladynite on Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:49 am

What a Beautiful snail!! Thats so sad :(
Ladynite
Little snail
Little snail

Return to Snail-graveyard