R.I.P. Gary

Well snails die too... Here is a place you can express your feelings, talk about it or whatever you wish...
Public forum (anyone can post here)

Moderators: Donya, Board moderators

R.I.P. Gary

Postby nachoqtpie on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:35 pm

For the past couple of weeks, Gary has been acting off, losing weight, hanging out at the water line, and not moving much at all. I did place him in a breeders net for about a week, and in that time he seemed to be doing much better! I took him out of the breeders net, and he still appeared to be doing okay, until last night.
Last night he fell off the side of the tank, which isn't really all that unusual, and a lot of the time it takes him a while to get moving again. This morning I went to check on everyone, and Gary hadn't moved from the spot that he landed last night. Gary had died right there. :cry:
I feel really bad. I tried to do my best, but he died anyways. He had a cracked shell and was never the same after that. I *think* it was from a breeding accident. Gary was the one that started it all. He was such a great little guy. I learned SO much from when I got him. He was a great teacher. I'll never forget you big guy! :cry:

My lil Gary
nachoqtpie
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Re: R.I.P. Gary

Postby Steph on Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:39 pm

Lovely blue snail.

I'm sorry for your loss.
Steph
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby pbgroupie on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:10 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. :cry:
pbgroupie
Advanced moderator snail
Advanced moderator snail

Postby Winterlily on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:43 pm

:( Oh Gary... you'll be missed. I'm so sorry, Nacho...
Winterlily
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby nachoqtpie on Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:47 pm

Thanks Winterlily. I was sort of hoping that he would pull through, but knew in heart that he was going to pass.

I will miss Gary a lot. I was hoping that he bred with Krabs (who is either female or gay....) but I don't know that he did. Maybe when I get an egg clutch I will have a blue who I can name Gary....
nachoqtpie
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby Ladynite on Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:41 am

Awwww so sorry! I had JUST got finished reading your call for help in the other thread....then I come here and see that he didn't make it. Sad. :cry:
Ladynite
Little snail
Little snail

Return to Snail-graveyard