Goodbye Kaleidoscope, largest and oldest Apple.

Well snails die too... Here is a place you can express your feelings, talk about it or whatever you wish...
Public forum (anyone can post here)

Moderators: Donya, Board moderators

Goodbye Kaleidoscope, largest and oldest Apple.

Postby Nerite and Apple Mom on Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:25 pm

I'm really sad to say that Kaleidoscope, one of my first apple snails, has passed. He was my largest and I think oldest in general Apple, but he was also my one with the hardiest shell (though it started showing wear in his old age). He was also always with the ladies, helping produce numerous clutches. Shortly before he died I saw him mating with the female that looks a lot like him now (she was more magenta when I got her, but I notice as she ages her shell is looking more like his and she has the same body color too) and eating some organic zucchini. I really grew attached to him because even though he was rather fixated on reproduction, he was also one of the most lively snails I've had, always para sailing around the tank. I think when my last two are gone (one is still relatively young so it could be awhile), I'll take a break from Apple Snails for a short while. I'll still have my nerites most likely as the ones with good genetics tend to be longer lived.

Being a proper gentleman with his "top hat" (a Clithion Corona nerite snail)

Nerite and Apple Mom
Parent snail
Parent snail

Re: Goodbye Kaleidoscope, largest and oldest Apple.

Postby LloydTheSnail on Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:46 am

Looks like Kaleidoscope was a lovely snail. I lost my largest and oldest snail this week, who also had an orangey-golden shell, though without the stripes. Very sad indeed. :(
LloydTheSnail
Parent snail
Parent snail

Return to Snail-graveyard