RIP Fred

Well snails die too... Here is a place you can express your feelings, talk about it or whatever you wish...
Public forum (anyone can post here)

Moderators: Donya, Board moderators

RIP Fred

Postby Maddybelle16 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:51 am

My big flapple female, Fred had a bad accident a few days ago, and got a huge hole in the bottom of her shell. I spent an hour putting her shell back together. She did fairly well for a few days, to the point where I put her back in the main tank with her friends. Well, I went to check on her today and she was just sitting on the bottom, not moving but still alive. I decided that, based on the extent of her injuries and her condition, it would be best for her if she were humanely euthanized. She was my first and only flapple, and the friendliest snail I've ever met. She went to school with me, and even learned to "shake hands". She was always my favorite, and will be very greatly missed. :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: :sad2: :sad2:
Maddybelle16
Leading snail
Leading snail

Re: RIP Fred

Postby pbgroupie on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:04 pm

I'm sorry for your loss. :cry:
pbgroupie
Advanced moderator snail
Advanced moderator snail

Postby Amysnail on Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:13 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about Fred. Sometimes doing what is best for our pets, is not always the easiest thing to do. If there is anything I can do, or you need to talk, send me a pm. I said a couple of days ago when my biggest female flapple passed away, that it's nice to have a place to go and have people understand that these little guys are our pets, our friends, and our family, not just a snail, and it hurts when we lose one. Once again, I'm so sorry, Fred was a beautiful girl. And I will miss hearing about her, you took care if her the way she deserved, and you loved her, she couldn't have had a better life.
My name is Amy, and I am addicted to apple snails.
Amysnail
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby JamieMonster on Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:02 am

So sorry for your loss, and godspeed, Fred! You were a good snail.
JamieMonster
Member snail
Member snail

Return to Snail-graveyard