One last goodnight, Mac.

Well snails die too... Here is a place you can express your feelings, talk about it or whatever you wish...
Public forum (anyone can post here)

Moderators: Donya, Board moderators

One last goodnight, Mac.

Postby Amysnail on Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:54 am

One of my gold diffusas, Mac just passed away in my hand. I've never had one die in my hand. I've had him for about 8 months. He was named Mac because when he had his hamburger face on, his hamburger face was so fat that I said "that's not a hamburger face, that's a big Mac face". So from that point on he was my Big Mac, or Mac for short. Every night he hung out on the side of the glass that sits beside my side of the bed. So every night I would look up at him and say "goodnight Mac". He was an old snail, already fully grown when I got him, so I believe it was old age. I'd noticed he had slowed down quite a bit lately, resting a lot more than he used to. Just all the things that come with old age. He wasn't feeling very well today, just hanging around, he was eating and interacting with the others like normal. But tonight, he had his hamburger face on, he wasn't stuck to the glass waiting for me like he has every night for the last 8 months. So I picked him up, and was checking him out to see if anything was wrong. I didn't see anything odd, so I told him "Since you're not in your normal bedtime spot, I'll go ahead and tell you goodnight Mac. I held him for a minute, just worrying, and all of a sudden his head and antenna shrunk back into his shell further than I'd ever seen before, but his foot was just hanging there, he was gone, just that fast. I looked at his shell, because I've always been able to see his heart beating through his shell, and sure enough, his heart had stopped. My poor Mac, he's not on his side of the bed. That is what I called it, him staying right there on the glass right beside my bed at night. It was his side of the bed, and he's not there, on the glass, on his side of the bed. I didn't know this was going to be the last time I ever got to say "goodnight Mac". So goodnight, my Mac. I hope you are parasnailing on that big beautiful bubbler in heaven. I will miss you more than you will ever know. You will always be my big Mac.
Last edited by Amysnail on Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My name is Amy, and I am addicted to apple snails.
Amysnail
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Re: One last goodnight, Mac.

Postby pbgroupie on Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:13 pm

I'm sorry for your loss. :cry:
pbgroupie
Advanced moderator snail
Advanced moderator snail

Postby Amysnail on Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:22 pm

Thank you pb, its weird waking up and not seeing him on the glass this morning.
Amysnail
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby Chickadee on Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:55 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. You gave him a happy life.
Chickadee
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby docbree on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:03 pm

I'm sorry, Amy :cry: Rest in Peace, Big Mac
docbree
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby Amysnail on Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:34 pm

Thanks guys, it was so odd waking up and not seeing him there on the glass by my bed, almost as if to tell me good morning, mom. I have some amazing pics of him, one of my favorites is where it looks like he's wearing glasses. Its posted in the member photos thread, its in my second thread of pics. I was thinking though, if he had to go, I'm glad he went while he was in my hand. At least I had those last few minutes with him, instead of finding him after the fact. So really, I'm lucky I had that moment with him.
Amysnail
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Return to Snail-graveyard