RIP little ivory snail

Well snails die too... Here is a place you can express your feelings, talk about it or whatever you wish...
Public forum (anyone can post here)

Moderators: Donya, Board moderators

RIP little ivory snail

Postby firefly on Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:05 am

Sigh, so I posted about this snail in the health topic. She seemed to recove.)r after about a five day nap. But, really, she just moved back to the original spot where she first stopped moving. (she found a spot she liked under a tree stump. I moved her away from there to check and see if she was alive. She was. I returned her to the tank in a different spot. After a few days of 'resting' in the different spot, she got up moved around, and settled back down in her original spot.) Well, she then proceeded not to move again. I would check on her every so often, and she would still be alive, but in active. I got a breeder net, but the way my tank is, if I put her in the breeder net, she would not be totally under water (the lid of the tank is way above the water line by the design of the tank.....). I was going to try to figure something out though. My roommate was very worried about her through all of this, and very mad at me that I couldn't just fix our snail. She also feels somewhat vindicated now that the snail is dead b/c she kept telling me something was wrong. I kept telling her, as long as the snail was alive, there wasn't much I could do.... (especially since water params were all fine, and the only thing bugging the snail was the male snail.... (She is also very mad at our male snail). Well, today I checked on her, and she definitely has passed on. She fell out of her shell and was stinky. I threw away what parts of her didn't disintegrate into the tank, and I have the shell soaking in some hot soapy water to get rid of the smell. Tomorrow is water change day, so that is good. (she wasn't dead Thursday night, but must have passed shortly after I checked on her....for some reason I don't think I checked on her yesterday....) So, she had a five day nap, woke up long enough to move back to the spot she really wanted to die in, and then stayed there alive for several more days before finally dying. Sigh. She will be missed.

Emily
firefly
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Re: RIP little ivory snail

Postby pbgroupie on Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:32 pm

I'm sorry for your loss. :cry:
pbgroupie
Advanced moderator snail
Advanced moderator snail

Return to Snail-graveyard