My New Stand and the Old Stand

Here one can find 'Do it yourself' guides.

Moderator: Board moderators

My New Stand and the Old Stand

Postby marcelomelloramos on Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:32 am

Hello, these are my first aquarium, has 1,10 m x 0,25 mx 0,30 m. They have a divisoria so that I can stay with two aquaria with 55 cm instead of a 110 cm.

At the height I put the water up to 20 cm, leaving 10 cm for spawning. It has a wooden structure where put Java Moss or Flame Moss. In reality it was but as it was with moss in low light they were ugly and I prefer to withdraw and to buy new place.

It has a mini pump with activated charcoal and a compressor bubbles with stones to provide calcium for the shells. I know many of these things are unnecessary but I like to give a fun environment for my animals and I like to always keep moving in the water.

This is a Golden Apple Snail on the left of aquarium.

Golden Apple Snail

Golden Apple Snail

This is a Golden x Purple on the right of the aquarium

Golden x Purple Apple Snail

Golden x Purple Apple Snail

Blue Aplle Snail

The two stands

Here is a video on youtube of the shelf as it was before and the photos show how it is then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJrdEKELKuk

Basically I'm going to create my Guppys and Ampularias together. To do this I put a lid on the whole structure for ampularias not jump and decreases the height of the water, leaving a gap of about 5 cm to spawn, but not much is enough. I also took and put a ribbon LED lighting.

There are four levels over the last user maintenance, pumps, thermostat, water changes etc. The water circulates all the time and when I do a partial exchange I trade only on the bottom, no need to mess in the first four.

Each level has 50l with or without partitions.

1 - A Whole Aquario with 50 l.
2 - Two aquariums, one with 30 l and one with 20 l.
3 - Two aquariums, one with 30 l and one with 20 l.
4 - Five aquaria, each with 10 l.
5 - Maintenance, pumps, thermostat, water changes, with 70l.

The flow rate is 15 times the volume of the aquarium per hour, ie, the aquarium has 50 liters per hour flow rate of 750L.

This is the first level of the aquarium, with 50 l with my Guppy Full White RREA and still no Apple Snails. I'm putting gradually as they grow, the idea is to separate each type of aquarium with a Apple Snails.

Guppy Full White RREA

Guppy Full White RREA

Guppy Full White RREA

Guppy Full White RREA

Guppy Full White RREA

At the second level:
Left: 30l Aquarius with puppies Golden X Purple, I think I have at least two different species: Golden Spotted, Green. And Guppy Full Yellow, this strain of guppy was created by me.
In these aquariums already have lettuce and boiled carrots.

Puppies Golden X Purple and Guppy Full Yellow.

Right: 20l aquarium, I'm trying to cross Golden and Blue, already has an egg in the glass but I believe they are pure of Golden because it was a day after it put the two together, very fast so they have crossed. The guppies are puppies waiting to be selected.

Eggs in glass.

Eggs in glass.

In this photo we can see the fourth and fifth level. The fourth level with five aquarium with 10 l and the fifth level with equipment and without Apple snails or fish.

The last level ( fifith ). In them are two filters, one is a common internal filter with activated carbon and foam but I usually leave off, I only care if traveling as well is another filtering. The second filter is homemade and filter all the water that comes out of aquariums, it has foam, activated carbon and ceramic filtration. It filters the water and thus it is returned clean already for aquariums.

It has a thermostat that is turned on only if you really cold, as I live in Rio de Janeiro is difficult to make cold, sometimes in June and July but still only a few days. The thermostat spends most of the year off.

It also has four pumps that return the water to the aquarium, each pump to a level shelf.

I have a bag with calcareous stones, for Guppy serves not to keep the high ph (7.0) but will also serve to the shells of Apple Snails.

When I do a water change I make here, which allows an exchange of more than 20% of the total volume.

Anyway, I think create my guppy and my Apple Snail together will be a very productive partnership.
marcelomelloramos
Little snail
Little snail

Re: My New Stand and the Old Stand

Postby pbgroupie on Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:49 am

Nice set up!
pbgroupie
Advanced moderator snail
Advanced moderator snail

Return to DIY guides