Margarita Snails

Marine snails in this section.

Moderator: Board moderators

Margarita Snails

Postby demented_lullaby on Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:12 pm

Hey guys. I recently upgraded my lighting and had a bit of algae build up. I picked up a M.S.

Can I handle these dudes? I didn't want turbo because I'm running a nano tank and they may knock corals over(I only have a fluro green shroom colony now though)...

thanks!
~Tales of Legendia~
"brother and sister"

...Forever and a day...

PUFFERZPWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111one
demented_lullaby
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby Donya on Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:56 pm

Margarites species are perfectly ok to handle, just be careful taking them off your hand since they are proportinally stronger than most freshwater snails, thereby making columellar muscle strain a greater risk if you try to yank them off quickly. My Margarites is very friendly and happy to be hand fed.

One caution about Margaritas: some species are coldwater and will die in tropical temperatures (although I can't tell the difference bewteen the types). Keep an eye on yours and make sure it eats and keeps the same activity level over the next couple months.
"That's not a snail...it's a water goat!"--In loving memory of Eatith
http://pantheon.yale.edu/~dvq2/ - My Research
Donya
Advanced moderator snail
Advanced moderator snail

Postby demented_lullaby on Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:28 am

Thanks Donya :).

I asked the LFS and they said he had been there for a bit more than a month allready. They're keeping them in their coral display. The guy was very careful getting him off and even made sure to wait awhile to see if the little guy was okay which I was pleased about :D. He went right to cleaning after acclimation. I was very pleased! I'll make sure to keep an eye on the little fellow. So far he's allready managed to get himself stuck once LOL.

It figures last night I saw one of my two cerith snails for the first time since I bought them weeks ago. He was crawling around the glass...as happy as a...well snail 0_o.

I lurve this little nano. It's an ongoing present for my fiancee hehe :). This is what I have so far. I might buy a Ricordea tommorow.

~Tales of Legendia~
"brother and sister"

...Forever and a day...

PUFFERZPWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111one
demented_lullaby
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Return to Marine snails