I was miss informed * hmmpff*

Marine snails in this section.

Moderator: Board moderators

I was miss informed * hmmpff*

Postby Courtney on Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:29 am

I was told by some one on here that i could get Turbo snails and put in my Salt water tank that my puffers wouldnt be able to eat them well they ATE 3 out of the 4 i bought poor little snails *Sniff* they were beautiful too, and $2 a snail... they ate those but the snails i bought for them to eat there are still plenty of them crawling around... :toomuch:
--------------------------
Courtney
Parent snail
Parent snail

Postby badflash on Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:21 pm

Anyone that says a puffer won't eat any snail, doesn't know about puffers. Keep them away for ALL snails you don't want killed. They will pick at and ullltimately kill even larger fish.

One big problem with forums is hear-say. Someone read something or heard something someplace from someone. If you are asking about life & death situations it is always best to ask politely if this is 1st hand experience, or some other type. That being said, these fish have different personalities and some are much less agressive than others.

I have a 5 gallon saltwater tank that I have acclimated some MTS to. They actuallly breed faster in this little tank than they do with fresh water. Keeping a separate tank to grow live food in is a good idea as you knowit doesn't have any disease.

To replace your turbo snails check ebay. I got them for about 50 cents each on ebay. Olive Nerite Snails also do well in salt water after a short acclimation period.
badflash
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby Pollux on Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:07 pm

what's a turbo snail? - i have never heard of them before.
you have pufferfish!? how cool. what sort?
Pollux
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby snailboom on Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:51 pm

If you bite and ravage each other, watch out--in no time at all you will be annihilating each other, and where will your precious freedom be then? (The Message G. 5:15).
snailboom
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby Pollux on Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:47 am

thanks snailboom. wow that place sells so many things (they don't ship overseas of course :roll:). they even sell yellow boxfish. i love them, they are a native where i used to live (at the beginging of the GBR), and my email address used to be ostracion_cubicus@yahoo.com.au (before i forgot the password :toomuch:). but everything i ever read about them said they were impossible to keep as pets because they secret poison and not only kill everything else in your tank but eventually themselves.
Pollux
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby snailboom on Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:57 am

Aw, sad!
If you bite and ravage each other, watch out--in no time at all you will be annihilating each other, and where will your precious freedom be then? (The Message G. 5:15).
snailboom
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby Courtney on Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:52 am

Sorry i havent been on here in awhile, i have a saddled puffer and a GSP
Courtney
Parent snail
Parent snail

Postby Annie Anderson on Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:34 am

Kate, I was on ebay Australia once and the sellers from the UK said they would ship live snails, clutches and fish to Australia. Is this true or is it like the people on ebay who'll sell you a cana snail or clutch even tho it's out of state? It seemed funny that on ebay in Australia that most of the people weren't from there. :-?
Annie Anderson
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby Pollux on Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:19 am

i can never find any fish or snails for sale on ebay Autralia, i think your probably not allowed to sell them that way here so ebay deletes them.
i also can't find an online aquarium store in Australia that will ship live animals, only other aquarium stuff.
Pollux
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby Pollux on Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:24 am

i have a saddled puffer and a GSP

ooo ooo ooo they are adorable! :D and i read that the saddled puffer is a native australian.

so how hard are puffer fish to keep? - i'm gessing they are for really experienced aquarists.
Pollux
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby Pollux on Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:05 am

i also can't find an online aquarium store in Australia that will ship live animals, only other aquarium stuff.

hey i found one, they sell live plants and gold brigs and mail them to any australian address. i bought some java moss :D. http://www.aquaria.com.au/catalog/index.php/cPath/6_318

still can't find one that will mail me fish though.
Pollux
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby Annie Anderson on Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:20 am

Keep looking, I bet you find one!
Annie Anderson
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby Courtney on Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:35 am

Puffers are actually really easy to keep...
Courtney
Parent snail
Parent snail

Return to Marine snails