Anetome Helena

Marine snails in this section.

Moderator: Board moderators

Anetome Helena

Postby Helikulo on Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:24 am

Hi, does anyone have any reliable info on these snails? I picked up a pair and they seem to be doing well so far. They are sold here as 'assassin snails' or bumble bee snails, although it is not the same as the reef version. These looked a bit like a minature and striped version of the land snail decollata, and as far as I can make out, have similar eating habits. Since I don't have any problem with snail infestations I'm trying to figure out what I can feed them on. I think they're taking fish food but not really certain. They're still alive so they must be eating something. Any info would be appreciated especially some proper links as google just brings up other blogs. The most important question is are they cannabalistic? Because so far I haven't separated them.

Many thanks.
_@" _@" _@"
Helikulo
Member snail
Member snail

Re: Anetome Helena

Postby pbgroupie on Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:51 pm

Here are some posts we have about the snails in question. You may want to contact one of the members who has them for more information:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=17424&hilit=assassin+snail
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=19139&hilit=anetome+helena
pbgroupie
Advanced moderator snail
Advanced moderator snail

Re: Anetome Helena

Postby msjinkzd on Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:29 am

They are carnivores, they will readily accept frozen bloodworms. I have 20-30 of them. Mine will also eat catfish pellets. Snails are definitely their first choice.
msjinkzd
Member snail
Member snail

Return to Marine snails