apple snail hibernation

Discuss and report snail abuse.
Everyone can post here...

Moderator: Board moderators

apple snail hibernation

Postby maudlinblithe on Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:49 am

came here when I bought my first apple snail and read on the main web page that snails will go into some form of semi hibernation state when they aren't fed properly. Many owners will think they are dead and toss them out. But the fact of the matter is that they just need more food to wake them back up again.

That is what the article said, but I can't find it anymore. does anyone know the url for this information?
If I can find the information, I plan on asking the author of it if I can use it in a letter to a local pet shop who is constantly killing snails because of this under feeding regimen. Well, my letter isn't just about snails, it's about the fish there, the oriental firebellied toads and green tree frogs, etc etc etc etc. I call this pet store and the other surrounding pet stores in my area either cemetaries or graveyards. these places are very very very bad.

I'm writting letters to all of them and desire to give them very detailed information on their abuses. I am also telling them that if their conditions do not approve that I am reporting them to the proper authorities.

Thanks,
SaMMiE
maudlinblithe
Hatchling
Hatchling

Postby terribryant on Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:58 pm

That's so sad. I spent 30 minutes looking for the article but everything was on wild snails. In the pets stores I've been in the snails are usually looked tight because to the stupid fish they put in with them! They put them in agressive tanks for some reason.

Terri
terribryant
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Return to Snail abuse