Crummy stupid workers

Discuss and report snail abuse.
Everyone can post here...

Moderator: Board moderators

Crummy stupid workers

Postby SnailFreak on Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:33 am

I went to Petsmart today (no suprise) and I walked over to the tank with the snails, and told the two teen workers I would like to buy two, the ones that looked like they needed the most love and stuff. The chick thought they where so gross but reached in anyway.

She filled it only a tiny bit, barely enough water to cover the snails. I was like 'dude, please add more water' and she did. Then she refused to put oxygen in it. She's like 'They don't need air, they don't breathe.' I told her to do it anyway. She did and handed me the bag.

The other teen employee, a guy, came out with a big bucket of medication for fish. He started dumping the BARROL size things into the fishes tanks. The chick was like 'You're over medicating them. You're killing the dumb fish.'

He looked at her and said 'So? Who cares anyway?'

I told them to please stop, and the snail tank didn't need medication. He looked at me funny and stopped adding whatever it was. It was turning the tanks a deep green color, and it was killing a lot of the smaller gold fish.

I feel so bad for the snails. I only wish I could of saved all the fish.
Whoo! I have now 45+ snails. I must get a name dictionary for all these new obssessions..

---Go to www.freewebs.com/snailcorner---
http://www.darkthrone.com/recruit.dt?ui ... 0362Q30311
SnailFreak
Leading snail
Leading snail

Postby MRSQ on Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:29 am

You should certainly write a strong letter to petsmart.. including the names, date time and all details regarding that disgusting incident.. nothing will ever change if people aren't called on their crap behavior.. If they don't respond positively maybe we will need to send them a petition against their fish abuses... :wink: ang :snail: :dance:
5 GALLON-BETTA \ TEN GALLON-GUPPIES\ 25 GALLON- PASSIVE TROPICALS, MIX SNAILS\ 33 GALLON-GOURAMIES, BRIDGS, FROGS, NERITES,MARISAS \ 45 GALLON-GOLDFISH, CANAS \ 55 GALLON-SENEGAL BICHIR, MOLLIES\ 75 GALLON-OSCAR, TINFOIL BARBS
MRSQ
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby allnatural on Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:18 pm

You can probably go to their website and email Customer Service.

This makes teenagers look bad. I know there are many teens who care a great deal about the health of the animals they care for at petstores. I wish that managers would have a better interview process and not just hire anyone who is willing to work nights and weekends. There is a local pet feed supply store here in Toledo that has 3 stores. They post help wanted ads on their doors and are VERY specific in what the qualifications for hiring. Something like "If you LOVE animals and are concerned about their wellbeing and making sure they have a clean environment, apply within." This sends the message that the animals in their care are FIRST. Not that you are able to work weekends. I buy quite a bit at that store even though their prices are a little higher. I think it is important to support stores like that.
--Tim
Toledo, OH
allnatural
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby pokeysrevenge on Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:01 pm

I know there are many teens who care a great deal about the health of the animals they care for at petstores

Like meeee! when I was visiting my aunt for the summer I got a job at, you guessed it, Petsmart, and I did my best to make all the poor little fish and snailies better.

SnailFreak, I'm with everyone else, I'd say write a strong letter to the petsmart managers, and next time you go to try and take pictures for evidence :yes:
.:supersnail:.
My name is kario. And i am addicted to snails, eBay and sunflower seeds.
pokeysrevenge
Member snail
Member snail

Postby Dimitra on Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:06 pm

I called the Petsmart I have issues with again today. You can call and request to make a complaint as I did. I was connected with the manager who did seem somewhat interested in what I had to say. I'm sure the manager of your store would like to know they have hired workers that probably shouldn't be there. The manager took my reciept information and asked me to describe the person I dealt with, I hope she has to go through full training again or better yet loses her job. I know its harsh of me, but if they are incapable of even caring for the animals there enough to realize they are deathly ill, she should be working another department or somewhere else. And it looks to me as if the 2 sales persons you spoke of shouldn't be working at Petsmart period. :x
Dimitra
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby SnailFreak on Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:13 pm

Thank you all for replying. I will see if my mom will let me go back there. I believe talking face-to-face is better than a phone call, and he can see my consern for the fish and snails. There tanks are horrible, it smells, and the snails look so sickly it's sad. I'm trying to get my sister hired there so she can yell at the dumb people who are in it for the money. :evil:

I hate rude people. I'd hate to see them as doctors. They'll OD on meds, and give the patients a tiny cup of water.
Whoo! I have now 45+ snails. I must get a name dictionary for all these new obssessions..

---Go to www.freewebs.com/snailcorner---
http://www.darkthrone.com/recruit.dt?ui ... 0362Q30311
SnailFreak
Leading snail
Leading snail

Return to Snail abuse