they are goners...

Discuss and report snail abuse.
Everyone can post here...

Moderator: Board moderators

they are goners...

Postby lillianone on Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:20 pm

okay I went to a local petshop here in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma last week and I saw these Brigs.... They were all in their shells and none of them seems to be happy. I told the guy that was working not the owner he's on vacation. That if it keeps up they will die. He told me that some lady had already claimed all of them. (you guys should see the price $8-9 a piece!) Yesterday I went in there to find some substrate and guess what there were a few that were dead. All the rest looks the same at the same place they were last time. I don't think they even got fed or else they would have gone out to eat. The water was brackish looking and was very cold. I asked the same guy what happened he said he didn't know and that they were all dead!!! Can you believed he told me that they were all dead!!! :toomuch: I got so mad but calmly told him that they were not all dead but soon will be if nothing is done to help them. I even asked if he thought there were all dead can I have some to keep them alive? He said no... I couldn't afford to pay that much for each of them. Sheesh. Anyways I'm going to wait for the owner to come back this guys is really stupid when I asked him where the crushed coral is he said he didn't know! :toomuch: I could work there and at least find it. While I was there I met this one guy who is also Vietnamese and he told me not to buy the stuff the one guy told me to buy. He was going to give me some crush coral and stuff for my babies for free. Anyways next week is when the owner is coming back from vacation and I'm going to have to print this care sheet on this website for him. I don't think he knows much. I heard before that he tried keep the snails but he just couldn't keep them alive. I guess when I told him I was getting some he thought to get some too so I will buy them from him....lol I got mine for .55 each and will not pay $8-9. And people here are even nicer to give away free for shipping. Sheesh... :D
well sorry such a long story but I was really mad....Hope I get through with the owner though...
:) Lillianone
lillianone
Member snail
Member snail

Postby joyce tryoon on Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:23 pm

LILLI,
I and many others here have run into this, many times. It is heartbreaking for all of us. We try to do what you are doing. Take the baby steps to try to educate the people that sell these snails. What you tried to do was wonderful. I admire you for standing up for the little guys that can't stand up for themselves.
Hugs,
Joyce
joyce tryoon

Postby snailstreaks on Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:04 am

I am thinking of getting one of those blockers they use in my daughter's karate class. They look like a huge black foam q-tip.

I am gonna try the.... beat some sense into them method. :D If anything... it will make me feel better. :lol:
snailstreaks
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby AprilRain on Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:30 pm

Hey Lillian, I didn't know you where in OKC too! What pet store are you talking about... I've got two guesses :roll: grrrr

If you want some snails, I have DS purples, blues, ivories, wilds, a few LS Purples and maybe even a few other colors! PM or e-mail me if you want some.
-April

14+ tanks with African cichlids, guppies, betta splendens, rainbowfish, killifish, bristlenose plecos, assorted other fish, red cherry shrimp, and of course, lots of snailies. :)

1 pug (not ugly!), 1 chihuahua, 1 mutt, 1 cat, and 1 budgie
AprilRain
Parent snail
Parent snail

Return to Snail abuse