Who is involved in apple snail research?

Research related apple snail topics (like relations between species, article discussions, apple snail ecology, anatomy, genetic info etc.).
Only registered users can post here.

Moderators: pbgroupie, Donya, Board moderators

Who is involved in apple snail research?

Postby SteveH on Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:11 pm

Hello forum members,

I have recently joined the forum primarily because I use apple snails in my behavioural research. That said, suggestions from forum members about feeding, care, equipment etc is always really useful so it's good to be a member.

I have scanned though the various topics, and obviously there is some scientific interest in apple snails, genetics of pigmentation, species differences, snail behaviour etc.

But it's difficult to get an idea of how many of you are actively engaged in research involving apple snails.

It would be very useful for me if you could let me know who you are and what you are doing. I have just set up my research lab and any contacts in the 'scientific community' are always welcome.

Looking foward to hearing from you.

SteveH
SteveH
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Who is involved in apple snail research?

Postby pbgroupie on Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:10 am

Wow, Steve, I just got back from Weisbaden two weeks ago! Try contacting member khayes (Ken) as he is publishing now with a group on DNA results. Donya, one of our board moderators is responsible for most of the color research. As to the rest, most of the information has come from the observations, trials, and tribulations of 10 years worth of members here on the site.
pbgroupie
Advanced moderator snail
Advanced moderator snail

Postby malleswar on Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:35 pm

hello everybody,

iam in final stages of Ph.D on an endemic apple snail pila globosa. the study is mainly aestivation (summer sleep) aspects of the snail.i have some histological slides made from hepatopancreas of the snail. can anyone guide me in identifying various cells observed in these particular slides. alternatively who is best person who can solve my query.
thankyou
malleswar
Attachments
Picture2.jpg
hepatopancreas 40x mag
Picture2.jpg (65.06 KiB) Viewed 4581 times
Picture1.jpg
hepatopancreas 10x
Picture1.jpg (81.26 KiB) Viewed 4581 times
malleswar
Hatchling
Hatchling

Postby pbgroupie on Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:03 am

Try contacting Stijn through PM or Ken by doing a member search for khayes and sending him a PM. Good luck!
pbgroupie
Advanced moderator snail
Advanced moderator snail

Return to Scientific topics