Snails dieing,but only from one store.

Discuss and report snail abuse.
Everyone can post here...

Moderator: Board moderators

Snails dieing,but only from one store.

Postby Snailnewbie on Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:29 am

I got my little snails at a local pet store seems very clean and everyone well taken care of,ALL 4 SNAILS I GOT FROM THAT STORE PARISHED,now the other store i got my canas from,witch the poor guys were so beat up shells cracked and very thin at the end and scratched also the seemed to have quite a bit of algee on there shells,THEY ARE ALIVE AND DOING GREAT,i do believe i will venture back there and buy the rest tonight or tomorow shhhh lets don't tell hubby,he'll find out later :wink: I have put in the time into really learing how to care properly care for a snail,and learned a few new things about fish on the way,what is the prob?They said my water was fine.Why only there snails?Do you think it was poor care or bad luck?P.s My snails Skyler and Shredder's shells are lookin really good,healing well.They will be strong like bull :D Heather
Snailnewbie

Postby snailboom on Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:11 am

poor care. Snails have often been starved at many stores. Give them tips on feeding snails properly. None of that, "They'll eat algae and poop" line.
If you bite and ravage each other, watch out--in no time at all you will be annihilating each other, and where will your precious freedom be then? (The Message G. 5:15).
snailboom
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby Snailnewbie on Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:31 am

Ya,I tried ,I don't know how many times i herd,just leave em alone they don't need any thing :evil: ,Good new is I went back to the store to save the restw,and they had new ones in the looked really good,i got 4 :D but there were a few empty shells i there :( ,I think i really p.o the store i go in ther tell them i need help wait till they get the bag and stick my little hand rite in and check them all out :D ,i was just glad to see a major health improvement,good thing they had .way to many to buy my check would have bounced.lolseriously :o Heather
Snailnewbie

Postby snailboom on Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:35 am

BUying them all doesn't change the store. It just means they'll buy more. An dI hope you didn't pay for them all. Snails like fish should come with warranties.
If you bite and ravage each other, watch out--in no time at all you will be annihilating each other, and where will your precious freedom be then? (The Message G. 5:15).
snailboom
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Return to Snail abuse