Funny woman

Discuss and report snail abuse.
Everyone can post here...

Moderator: Board moderators

Funny woman

Postby Darkprincess on Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:20 am

I went to a local pet store to see their snails. When i asked the woman to see the snails.. she showed me a tank with empty shells !!! :angry: and then she tried to sell me the tiny pest snails infesting another tank!!

How can she be so stupid and not see that these snails where dead, or should i say totally non-existent haha

I will never go there again. :x
Darkprincess
Parent snail
Parent snail

Postby Snailnewbie on Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:53 am

I know i have been to more than 1 store that has little to tons of empty shells and in my experence,thay just do not care to them it is just a empty shell instead of a life lost,and that is sad.
Snailnewbie

Postby demented_lullaby on Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:17 pm

Big als has empty snail shells. I'd expect more from them but...naw.
~Tales of Legendia~
"brother and sister"

...Forever and a day...

PUFFERZPWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111one
demented_lullaby
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby wyofish on Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:15 am

my "ever-wise" boss (the one who looks at me like I'm stupid whenever I make a fish care suggestion) moved all the clown loaches into the snail tank last week while I was still on leave....he can't figure out why all his snails are dead now :toomuch:
wyofish
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby kuggur on Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:18 pm

Look on the bright side; he DID feed the loaches well....
kuggur
Leading snail
Leading snail

Postby Darkprincess on Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:23 pm

poor snails :(

I had to rescued 2 snails from a petshop a month ago..they were in a tank with some fishes that were trying to eat them... all the snails in there were 1-dead or 2-floating to escape the fishes.

I bought the snails that were looking more healthy/no shell broken

I think they are now traumatized for the rest of their life because they always stay on top of the water or closed in the bottom...even if it's a snail only tank.
Darkprincess
Parent snail
Parent snail

Postby wyofish on Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:45 am

kuggur wrote:Look on the bright side; he DID feed the loaches well....

true, no loach casualties
wyofish
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby watercow on Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:35 pm

I work at a petstore and I agree, we don't know much about the snails(until now :D ) but we know a lot more than some of these other places you guys are talking about. For instance, I didn't know you should add calcium to the water, but it makes perfect sense. However, we do know that loaches (especially clown) will eat snails (we reccommend them for people who have pest snails). We also keep them seperate from the fish because we have mild doses of salt in our system and know that's no good for snails. My manager also isn't really a people person and he looks at me stupid also if I make any suggestion or disagree w/ him. I am going to school for reptiles, volunteer/work at the local zoo, do tons of research,etc and he went up to a customer once and said, "if you have any questions[about reptile] you can ask her, she think she knows about reptiles." Um that's professional. Next day I'm in snail education starts!
watercow
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby wyofish on Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:12 am

Wow, this is an old thread! Well, if it makes anyone feel better, my boss is now even more stupid than the one that put the loaches in the snail tank....unfortunately causing even more casualties, she put the blue gouramis in with the african cichlids because she couldn't tell the difference between the two!
The way to avoid housework is to live outside

Traders I've had good experiences with: bethany, dorn27, Angjo72, Mamaschild, water_sprite, Lady_Dodecagon, Snailbillie, Melody, Macgen02, will5, badflash, Musket, Aquaria, pbgroupie, Justintoxicated, Inb
wyofish
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby Annie Anderson on Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:54 am

:o :err: :o :err: :o :err: I wish I lived near your store, wyofish! I'd only buy from you tho. Same for you, watercow.
Annie Anderson
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby wyofish on Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:33 am

Annie Anderson wrote::o :err: :o :err: :o :err: I wish I lived near your store, wyofish! I'd only buy from you tho. Same for you, watercow.

Aw shucks :oops: :D
I can't be too humble though, because many of my customers say the same thing and have asked me what fish I will personally have available after I quit my current job b/c they don't want to buy from my employer after that.
The way to avoid housework is to live outside

Traders I've had good experiences with: bethany, dorn27, Angjo72, Mamaschild, water_sprite, Lady_Dodecagon, Snailbillie, Melody, Macgen02, will5, badflash, Musket, Aquaria, pbgroupie, Justintoxicated, Inb
wyofish
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Return to Snail abuse