PetCetera

Discuss and report snail abuse.
Everyone can post here...

Moderator: Board moderators

PetCetera

Postby Iris on Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:16 am

I went to PetCetera yesterday to see what fish & plants they have.....

So, in the first couple (maybe 15 or so from about 6inches to a foot wide)of tanks where only goldfish, some tanks stocked with so many fish that they could barely move...
When I looked closer I saw that in at least every other tank at least one or more dead or dying fish were. + some with swim bladder problems.

I went to the next tanks, and looked at a couple angels.... there were 4 dead fish + a dying one on the ground...

An employe was just standing around by the tanks, so I went to her, and said: Do you know that there are a bunch of dead fish in your tanks?
After her question "where?", I showed her the tanks with the angels. She said to me: We just got those fish in yesterday, they are resting!

According to her, the fish were not dead! She was trying to tell me, that if a fish is laying on the ground, on his side, with no motion, the fish is resting!!! :err: :err:

Iris
Iris
Leading snail
Leading snail

Postby tmqp on Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:20 am

Unreal...So when it gets all fluffy and fungassy, it isnt rotting, it is growing a fur coat to stay warm???
Hi-Ho Speedy- AWAAAAAY!
tmqp
Parent snail
Parent snail

Postby Iris on Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:45 am

who knows how she's thinking....

I should have asked for her manager :toomuch:
Iris
Leading snail
Leading snail

Postby luvfishies on Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:36 am

Yeah, petCetera is pretty crappy here too. They *really* sucked when they first opened, then Adrian became manager and it really got good. Then of course he was tranferred to another store to sort that one out.

Now "my" store sucks again. They do have some really nice Kribs in this week, though! Hard to resist temptation when it's Kribbies!
>>-)))o> skwij <--CLICK!
luvfishies
Basic moderator snail
Basic moderator snail

Postby demented_lullaby on Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:13 am

I bought a few female bettas at "your" Petcetra Luv. They didn't really look to healthy in the tank, a few were against the filter but not dead. I felt more like I was rescuing them then buying them to enjoy, obviously I took the 2 most healthy ones however. They are still beautiful girls though ^^. I wasn't to impressed with the store. First off the male bettas are all in little teeny cups(as usual with all pet stores :()with blue water, I guess they're constantly being medicated. They pretty much all looked half dead and I couldn't see any colours because of the blue water. Also I was charged for a sword tail instead of a betta. Extra 2 bux there. Then cashier didn't give me proper change, I was in a rush and didn't have time to check. Missed out on about 12 dollars in that transaction.... :: sigh ::

Next time I go to Ontario I'll check out Super Pet. I think you had reccomended them to me before. I also hated the pet store at the mall. 2 Large oscars are in this teeny little tank :( I felt so bad for 'em. They also had a bunch of dyed fish which I can't stand.
~Tales of Legendia~
"brother and sister"

...Forever and a day...

PUFFERZPWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111one
demented_lullaby
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby Cell on Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:48 pm

i know oscars reacts poorly to moving and will lay on their side or upsidedown and look dead... but not too sure about angels,
Cell
Member snail
Member snail

Postby PaganBaby13 on Mon May 08, 2006 11:43 pm

and angelfish are so beautiful. that's so sad!

the worst i ever saw was in walmart- there was an angelfish sucked up into one of the filters, and she looked like she'd been there for some time, starting to mold. ;_; there were dead fish in the snail tank and a couple of the remaining live ones were eating the fish and also eating the remains of a dead snail. D: next time I see something like that, I'll have the courage to go tell an employee/ manager. (when this happened I hadn't been working yet. work=confidence for me)

hey, unrelated question, but can angelfish live peacefully with apple snails?
PaganBaby13
Member snail
Member snail

Postby luvfishies on Tue May 09, 2006 1:34 am

PaganBaby13 wrote:

Totally depends on the Angels. My little wee ones were nippers of Marisas, but that's slowed down as they've grown.

I've got 2-3" (bodies only, not incl fins) angels in 2 tanks here, with Canas and Marisas, and so far so good. I don't think I'd trust my 4-5" angels with snails though, as they haven't grown up with them, and they thing anything that moves is food.

Linkie to snail/angel pics <---CLICK There
>>-)))o> skwij <--CLICK!
luvfishies
Basic moderator snail
Basic moderator snail

Postby PaganBaby13 on Thu May 11, 2006 1:03 am

luvfishies wrote:
PaganBaby13 wrote:

Totally depends on the Angels. My little wee ones were nippers of Marisas, but that's slowed down as they've grown.

I've got 2-3" (bodies only, not incl fins) angels in 2 tanks here, with Canas and Marisas, and so far so good. I don't think I'd trust my 4-5" angels with snails though, as they haven't grown up with them, and they thing anything that moves is food.

Linkie to snail/angel pics <---CLICK There

:yes: thanks! maybe I'll get one eventually.
PaganBaby13
Member snail
Member snail

Postby GoliathTheSnail on Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:34 am

It's sad how dumb these people are. I don't get it at all.
GoliathTheSnail
Parent snail
Parent snail

Postby rpilla001 on Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:36 am

It is because they watched this

Instead of watching this

Keep on Sliming
Sincerely
Rpilla
rpilla001
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby GoliathTheSnail on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:03 am

Haha, that makes sense.

Don't waste your time watching idiotic 'Spongebob' unless you don't need to know any more about animals :)
29g
10g
5g
Soon: 2.5g
GoliathTheSnail
Parent snail
Parent snail

Postby Pollux on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:26 am

hahahahahhahahahahahhahahaha :lol:
Pollux
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby swimhappy on Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:48 am

The ignorance of pet store employees never ceases to amaze me.
swimhappy
Leading snail
Leading snail

Return to Snail abuse