a rainbow graveyard

Discuss and report snail abuse.
Everyone can post here...

Moderator: Board moderators

a rainbow graveyard

Postby Lemon_Pie_Snail on Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:00 pm

I went to Farmland this weekend... the horrible sight I had saw. In a tank supposibly filled with 30-40 rare colors of apple snail were all dead. The entire tank was labled with those yellow police strip that said " caution". There were purple, pink, ivory, blue and chesnut colors all dead. the shells empty and the water all greenish-brown and gross. on the sides of the tank you could see remains of what was left of all of them... their doors and on one i could see the remains of a foot still in tact. I think they all turned to canibalizm.
I asked the manager what was wrong with that tank. Supposibly while she was out on vacation one of the assitant manager was in charge. The employee who was responsible for the aquarium section was not feeding the snails properly. All the other fish were well feed, but the tank with the snails.... well... had a grizzly ending.
I tried to voice my opinion to them, but they said I knew nothing. What! Nothing!?! I pretty much know how to take care of snails better than you! :angry: :angry: :angry:
I was so frustrated... I'm never going to Farmland again! Farmland Kills!
Give love to the Snails!
Lemon_Pie_Snail
Member snail
Member snail

Postby firefly on Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:14 am

Oh, what an awful sight to see!! The owner must have been gone a long long time on vacation for the snails to end up that way--they last a long time without food in many pet stores. And, how awful to just wrap the tank in crime scene tape!! I would have wanted to cover it up so my customers didnt' see the grizzly mess, and get it all cleaned out as quickly as possible. However, I suppose people who let snails get that bad in the first place probably don't care much. Well, good for you for boy-cotting them. I'm also sorry the store people didn't take you seriously. I hated that as a kid, (though I'm not sure it would have been different if you were older). Like you said, you know way more about snail keeping than they do.

Emily
firefly
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby Lemon_Pie_Snail on Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:32 am

I went to farmland 2 months ago and the snails seemed fine,but I didn't have money to buy them. When I went there again,since I had money, I was too late. It was kind of strange why they put a single piece of police tape on that tank. you could still see the "deadness". Reminds me of
the "rotting".
Give love to the Snails!
Lemon_Pie_Snail
Member snail
Member snail

Return to Snail abuse